for giving me a part of your life by spending time on this website.
I am Ajay Balamurugadas and I test software.
I welcome you to my website. Having spent close to thirteen years in the software industry, I want to restart my learning journey through this website.
Before this website came to life, my effort was spread across LinkedIn, Facebook, Skype, Blogger, Quora and emails. My online portfolio was spread across these channels. I intend to use this website as one stop source for all my articles, test reports and everything about my professional learning.
My Professional Experience
- EFI India Pvt Ltd (Jul 2006 – Jan 2012)
- MaaS360 by Fiberlink (Jan 2012 – Apr 2014)
- IBM India Pvt. Ltd (May 2014 – Jan 2016)
- 99Tests (Feb 2016 – Mar 2016)
- Tyto Software Pvt. Ltd (Apr 2016 – Apr 2017)
- HFN IT Services Pvt. Ltd (May 2017 – June 2017)
- JP Morgan India Services Ltd (July 2017 – Aug 2018)
- Qapitol QA Services Pvt. Ltd (Aug 2018 – till date)
Awards so far
I love awards. I have graduated from the stage where awards used to be the end goal to the stage where awards make me think deep and be grateful to the opportunities I have got in my life.
These awards have motivated me to work harder and keep going.
- Bug-A-Sur Winner | Venturesity 2016
- BugAThon Winner | Agile Testing Alliance 2016
- Test Automation Contest Runner-up (Team Tyto Software) | STePINSUMMIT 2016
- Community Choice Speaker Award | QAI STC 2015
- Self Initiative and Ideation Award at IBM India Pvt. Ltd 2014
- Best Speaker Award – Runner Up | HSTC 2013
- MGR Spirit Award – Team Award | MaaS360 by Fiberlink 2013
- Peer Recognition Award | MaaS360 by Fiberlink 2013
- Self Initiative and Ideation Award | MaaS360 by Fiberlink 2013
- Best Speaker Award | STePINSUMMIT 2013
- MGR Spirit Award – Team award at MaaS360 by Fiberlink 2012
- Best Team Award – Winners – Zappers 2012
- MaaS360 Best New Joinee Award 2012
- Bach Brothers’ Testing Legion of Merit | CAST 2010
- Runner-up in e-avishkar competition | EFI India Pvt. Ltd 2010
- BlogSTAR winner | EuroSTAR 2010
- Winner of bug hunting contest | VISTACON 2010
Courses so far
Learning fuels my dreams. I love to invest in my learning. Though there are many ways I learn including books, videos, interactions with testers, I /seem to/ learn the best when I am an active hands-on participant in a workshop.
- CP-MAT (Certified Professional – Master Agile Testing) (Agile Testing Alliance)
- Problem Solving Leadership (Jerry Weinberg, Esther Derby)
- Two Day Masterclass on Hypothesis Based Testing (HBT) (By T. Ashok)
- Communicating in Color for UI Design and User Experience (By Niyam Bhushan)
- BBST Test Design (By AST)
- Introduction to Web and eCommerce User eXperience Design online course (Udemy) (UC-JBRG9KI8)
- Accessibility Features on Android (Udemy) (UC-AY5ZWT1M)
- Accessibility Features of iOS for the iPad and iPhone online course (Udemy) (UC-HN61UNP2)
- Learn the Command Line by Code Academy (bitCoder98342)
- Learn SQL (bitCoder98342)
- Learn Git (bitCoder98342)
- Power Searching with Google (By Google)
- Rapid Testing Intensive 1, Orcas Island, USA (By James & Jon Bach)
- BBST Foundations (By Association for Software Testing – AST)
- BBST Bug Advocacy (By AST)
- BBST Instructors Course (By AST)
Meet the Team
My team is a big team and includes many people who are not even aware that I consider them as a part of my team. They have influenced me in my professional career in a positive way all the time. How? I consider even setbacks as a learning experience.
For those who have helped me grow till this day, thank you. I promise to make sure that your hope on me is not wasted.
At the same time, there is a core team that makes sure that I need not worry about anything other than software testing and that’s my family.
CHO (Chief Happiness Officer)
Spread happiness and inspiration to those who would benefit from it
A2CHO (Assistant to CHO)
Ensure that the CHO achieves his goals